Looking around for any decent tutorials on how to play MP4 video on Philips TV? Just read this article and you can learn what you want to know.
Besides watch TV programs, a Philips TV can enable you to play your music, photo and video files from a USB device. If you have lots of MP4 files and a Philips TV, why not transfer and watch MP4 files on Philips TV? While, something may let you down- when you try to do this, you’ll find it’s very difficult to do the job.
So, if MP4 can play on Philips TV? Here is my answer. Philips TV supports MP4 format, but it should be encoded with H.264 codec. If the MP4 files that you are going to play on Philips TV are not encoded with H.264 codec, your Philips TV will fail to recognize them.
A quick workaround I’ve found out for viewing MP4 files on Philips TV via USB is to convert incompatible codec contains in MP4 format to Philips TV acceptable H.264. Brorsoft Video Converter is the right choice for you.
With the MP4 converter’s beneficial customization tool, you can easily adjust the output file size, frame rate to perfectly fit on your Philips TV. Besides MP4, the software has a codec pack that enables conversion between different video and audio file formats, it can convert MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, MPG, etc to Philips TV supported file format with the best quality. If you are a Mac user, please turn to Video Converter for Mac, which has the same function with the Windows version.
Convert MP4 Files to Philips TV Friendly Format
1. Run the MP4 to Philips TV Converter program on your computer click Add button to load unsupported MP4 files to the program.
2. Set output video format as H.264 MP4 under Format > Common Video. In general, mp4 is a well-accepted file format for its ability to save memory storage and keep up the video quality. Here 3 H.264 presets “H.264 Baseline Profile Video(*.mp4)”, “H.264 Main Profile Video(*.mp4)”, “H.264 High Profile Video(*.mp4)” are supported.
Tip: Click “Settings” to open Profile Parameter window. you can adjust the output video codec as H.264, file resolution as 1920*1080, frame rate as 60fps, etc for the best playing effects on Sony Philips TV.
3. After all necessary settings, hit right-bottom “Convert” button to start MP4 to Philips TV compatible format conversion process.
After the conversion, hit the Open to pop out the folder with converted files. Then transfer the generated files to your USB drive, plug the USB drive into your Philips TV’s USB port for playing MP4 files on Philips TV via USB with ease.
Frequently Asked Question about Philips TV
Question: Why is the TV not able to recognize my USB flash device?
Answer: Not all USB flash drives are recognized by your TV.
– Only memory cards in FAT/DOS format are supported.
– Portable hard discs are only supported as a mass storage device without any multimedia capabilities. If your portable hard disc comes with multimedia capabilities, you have to connect your hard disc as a standard peripheral device.
– Your TV supports playback of multimedia files in JPEG (Photo) and MP3 (Music) format exclusively. Video files such as AVI, MKV, etc. are not supported.
– Make sure that your TV has the latest software installed. You can find the latest TV Firmware – Upgrade Software and Readme File documents on the Philips support website. Refer to the SOFTWARE & DRIVERS section.